This is my all-time favorite place to travel from now on – just wondering when I can go again?
Here are the things I did and absolutely loved:
(1) The Buckingham Palace – We got there early Saturday morning about the time they were changing the guards. This made it a little more crowded, but I suggest going at this time because it’s such a neat process to see! You’ll also feel safe because lots of cops (in their cute BMWs) will be circling the gates.
(2) Hard Rock Cafe, London: I was craving a piece of home (aka a pulled pork sandwich). It’s almost baseball season and that’s all I can think about. Also, the loaded nachos – SO good. Who knew overpriced American food could be so tasty?
(3) Browse the National Gallery – then take a break for tea.
Check out their cute website here: http://www.peytonandbyrne.co.uk/the-national-cafe/
My goal is to have Thanksgiving here at this cafe one day 😉
P.S. – If you’re smarter than me, don’t forget to order a scone while at the cafe!
(4) Have breakfast/break time at The Pastry Parlor:
I had a breakfast sandwich with bacon, egg and cheese with a flat white. I sure will miss flat whites while in Rome! I tried HQ sauce for the first time on the sandwich and am wishing I bought a bottle to bring back with me.
(5) Visit the British Museum:
We went on a Sunday, which was free. Most museums in Europe allow free admission on Sundays!
Even on a rainy day, it was pretty crowded. There are four floors of displays, so make sure you allow yourself plenty of time!
There is also a cafeteria there as well if you’d like to break for tea and a pastry.
(6) Take a walk around Picadilly Square:
Here there is lots of shopping – including an M&M world.
Picadilly Square is basically London’s version of New York’s Times Square. Huge billboards, lots of lights, very crowded, but so much fun!
(7) Amorino Cafe – for gelato and macaroons!
I got dark chocolate with raspberry gelato – it was the perfect combo. I got a raspberry macaroon on top, which had raspberry gelato inside of it!
(8) Visit the Tower of London & the bridge – it’s breathtaking!
(9) Take a look at The Ritz Hotel and how BEAUTIFUL the decor is!
(10) Grab an eclaire at Maitre Choux – and a flat white!
(11) Take a look at the London Eye, and while you’re over there, take a look at Big Ben!
(12) Shop at Westfield Mall – this is the most beautiful mall you will ever step foot into. It’s also the largest mall in the world!
While you’re there, try Nando’s at the food courts. It’s a chain in England, and it tastes so fresh!
You get to pick the flavor / spice of your chicken. I got chicken wings with lemon & herb on them and they were incredible! The garlic bread is super good too. Also, order a side of rice!
This place has such a cute environment, I highly suggest it!
(13) Find a Paul’s – This is a bakery that’s also located in New York.
I got a hot chocolate with a slice of blackberry cobbler. No joke, the crust on this cobbler was to die for!
(14) THE BREAKFAST CLUB! This little restaurant was incredible and had the most fun waiters.
I got a flat white and the Croque Madame D’Arblay – with a fried egg on top!
Highly recommend the breakfast potatoes too, with HQ sauce of course!
If you’re on the go and want a smoothie to take with you, I highly suggest the “Morning Glory.” It has passion fruit, papaya, mango, apple, pineapple, turmeric and cashew nuts.
(15) Don’t forget to take a typical picture at a telephone booth!
(16) Don’t forget to visit the Harry Potter 9 3/4 platform in the metro station. The station is beautiful, and also has lots of places to shop and eat!
(17) HARROD’S – need I say more?
If I had more time, this is what else I would do:
(1) Take a look at Kensington Palace.
(2) Eat brunch at Elan Cafe (the most instagrammable place ever).
(3) Visit Sky Garden (admission is free, and it’s a beautiful rooftop bar).
(1) The “tube” (metro station) can be a little difficult to navigate, but you’ll get the hang of it. Buy an “oyster card” and just refill it as you need. It will save you LOTS of money on transportation.
(2) Stay at the Wombat Hostel – there are other locations and I will most definitely stay here again. The service is very friendly, and they have a basement hangout area with lots of games, food and drinks.