Today has been a rainy day and has naturally made me relax a bit more. With not much to do as the school year unwinds (minus studying for finals), I’ve done a lot of extra thinking and wanted to share with you guys!
Don’t even worry, this isn’t about to be relationship advice. For once, this is all about love just for YOU.
(1) You deserve to be happy. You’re in control of the people you surround yourself with, so choose wisely.
(2) No one deserves your explanation. You are your own person, so choose what makes you happiest.
(3) If it won’t matter two weeks from now, don’t give it a second thought. Just brush it off.
(4) There’s lots of things that don’t require your attention. Realize what does, and choose your battles wisely.
(5) Don’t dwell on the things that didn’t work out for you. That internship, sports team, college, job or relationship. Better things are ahead that deserve your heart. Be thankful for the heartbreaks and be patient with timing.
(6) Do appreciate the little things life has to offer. Hard times will come, and these little things will make those times bearable.
(7) Only compete with yourself. You better yourself by strengthening yourself, not by wishing you could be better than someone else.
(8) Things you don’t enjoy don’t deserve your attention. I don’t care if it makes you “look” better, you are happiest when it’s something your heart desires.
(9) Squeeze your loved ones a little harder, our time here on earth is limited.
(10) Do make time for yourself. Even if it is just 10 minutes a day.