If you’re not a morning person, this post is for you!
I have put together a few tips and tricks for you to enjoy your mornings a little more – even if you don’t think you can ever be a morning person, adding a few of these steps to your day before you leave for the day will make you feel MUCH more productive.
(1) Drink a warm/hot cup of water with lemon in it BEFORE you have your coffee.
Yeah yeah, I used to go first for the coffee, too. But since I’ve started drinking water with lemon, I’ve noticed a couple of things: (1) I digest my food better throughout the day, (2) Water with lemon helps me to feel fresh and rehydrated, (3) I feel more awake.
Water is the most important thing you can give your body, so might as well start the day with it! It’s not really anything you have to slow down for either, you can just carry your bottle around with you while you’re getting ready.
Shop my favorite water bottle here: Corkcicle “Unicorn Magic” Canteen – 16 oz. I love the sparkly white!
(2) Whether you’re a coffee or a tea drinker, make the time to drink it with a healthy BREAKFAST! We all know how important it is to start your day with breakfast, and how it helps you perform better with whatever tasks are at hand. Breakfast doesn’t have to be hard either! My go-to lately has been whole-fat or Greek Yogurt mixed with granola or cereal, topped with banana slices or strawberries. Takes no time and you can even make it the night before to enjoy in the morning!
(3) Make your bed! There’s a lot of studies out that say either “Why It’s Better to Not Make Your Bed” or something like “Why You Should Make Your Bed.” I don’t know what to believe, but I do know a room looks much neater when your bed is made, and you feel much more productive.
(4) Journal at least three things you’re grateful for. This is a great way to start the day with positive thoughts. It can be ANYTHING, as long as you’re acknowledging the fact that you’re happy to have whatever it is in your life.
(5) One more thing to write down – anywhere from 1 – 3 tasks that are PRIORITIES for that day. If it’s just one that’s great, at least you’ve accomplished something! I don’t recommend doing more than three because then that can be overwhelming. Just stick to the plan and get it done!
Thanks for reading,